Author Topic: NAF Results for Spike! 2010 are now up  (Read 10332 times)

Offline General Jason

• Treasurer
  • Da' Management
  • Star
    • Thunderbowl
NAF Results for Spike! 2010 are now up
« on: September 21, 2010, 05:53:39 PM »
NAF Results for Spike! 2010 are up. 43 out of 48 coaches who participated at the Spike! were either members before or signed up on the weekend. That's definitely our best turnout for coaches and NAF members combined so I'm happy with that.

For full round by round for all NAF sanctioned matches check here:
http://thenaf.net/index.php?module=NAF&type=view&id=1066
Do not feed Trolls - they regenerate on a 4+.

Offline General Jason

• Treasurer
  • Da' Management
  • Star
    • Thunderbowl
Re: NAF Results for Spike! 2010 are now up
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 01:10:36 PM »
NAF results kicked in yesterday I think - meaning I entered them but it takes the system a bit to formulate all the data properly in order to figure out the rankings.

Jesse is still #2 in rankings for Orc coaches in Canada, but Kavin jumped up to #1 Skaven coach in Canada due to the results of the weekend. Good job!

Offline Subhedgehog

• Fans
  • Star
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »
I'm number three in Canada for Elves.  Woo!  Sorry Haskins, you're on the bottom of the pile.

Never you mind that it's out of seven whole coaches.  In fact, shut your damn mouth.

I was looking at the Canadian rankings earlier.  Neat to see so many familiar names, either from TB or from the visitors to the Spike!. :)  Kavin's at #4 with Skaven. 
http://thenaf.net/index.php?module=NAF&type=rankings&nation=Canada

Offline Administrator

• Wizard
  • Rookie
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »
LOL, 18th Skaven coach in the world. ;) I guess the double points from a major are what inflated our rankings though, eh? Some of the other Canadians played way more tournies than us (some as many as 3 per year) and we're about even.

I don't really know if NAF will ever be relevant given our geography, but a few more west coast tournaments with NAF involvement would be nice. It could be a carrot to help prod out-of-towners without a league into venturing out for one-offs events. And hey, if we can get someone out to a tourny, it's one-step closer to getting them playing 40mm league matches with us. 8)

Offline General Jason

• Treasurer
  • Da' Management
  • Star
    • Thunderbowl
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »
Guaranteed it's the double points for rankings, but that said Ken Washington after a couple of Spike!s became #1 Khemri coach in the world according to the NAF rankings, and no Thunderbowl player ever beat him (only tied), so they are still a pretty good indication I believe as far as 'tournament' rankings are concerned.

The more NAF western tournaments in there, and the more western NAF members in there, the more relevant the rankings will become over time - especially when RCR and Ordo start hosting NAF-sanctioned tournaments as well.  :)

Offline Mike Lawrence

• Emerging Star
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 08:42:28 AM »
I'm 7th in the world rankings for Ogres!  #1 in Canada!

Retarded
Don't look up a dead horse's ass.

Offline General Jason

• Treasurer
  • Da' Management
  • Star
    • Thunderbowl
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »
What was your record Mike?

Also, it depends on who you played against and beat. Kavin's rating jumped a bunch because on top of the double points for a NAF major he also beat Dave Sutton who has played numerous tournaments and is a top 6 player.

As far as being the top Ogre player in Canada - I imagine there aren't that many in tournament play for the Great White North.

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 06:44:08 PM »
All that illustrates for me is the NAF is a rudderless ship in North America, in fact I'm done with them until they can get their collective shit together and figure a way to get leagues sanctioned.  Its useless here and dice aren't a big enough draw for me when all of the other aspects are pretty much useless.  European organization for Europeans.

Offline Administrator

• Wizard
  • Rookie
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »
You're right Steve, but let's face it, we and the Zlurpee guys are about the only people who have the organization and interest to make something like NAF fly in North America. League sanctioning will not gather momentum without first raising our profile with tournament play. So really, it falls on us to help get NAF's shit together. Just like our league, paying dues doesn't make a difference if no motivated volunteers are investing time in maintaining and growing the organization.

I'm trying to think of it as a win-win: if we organize more tournaments within driving range (Thunderkrunch scale) then we get to play more and involve the NAF as a bonus. Obviously I'm wearing my rose-tinted glasses today. 8)

Offline gollumullog (Phlegraean Marauders)

• Star
  • contact via email or cell
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 05:20:36 AM »
Sounds simple enough to organize sanctioned tourney play, set up a good db, stats, rules etc, and then petition NAF to become NAF sanctioned league organizer.  Plan it out, get all the infrastructure, and then merge with the NAF.
--
Coach of the Firebowl XXX Champions Death Runs Faster

Offline Akalabeth

• Emerging Star
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 01:44:45 PM »
Why not have a BB tournament during the Trumpeter Salute? Or are many of the players involved in other tournaments like 40k or warmachine?

Offline poundfist

• Deputy Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 02:36:24 PM »
BB would be great there. Yeah we'd lose a lot of potential coaches to other games, but at this point we have business cards and we're out to raise the profile of the game. So let's get in anywhere we can. Just no cons that start with "Con," eg "Conflict," "Conquest," "Conquistador," "Constipated,"  whatever. None of that.   

Offline brettness37 (Brawling Anura)

• Fans
  • Emerging Star
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 06:13:24 PM »

I'm a sanctioned NAF organizer, it's why I usually have the dice on hand.

Offline Administrator

• Wizard
  • Rookie
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 06:36:23 AM »

I'm a sanctioned NAF organizer, it's why I usually have the dice on hand.

That's why we like to call Brett "The Dice Pimp."

Offline Harbinger

• Star
  • Back on the pain train.
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 07:48:19 AM »
Now I know what to get Brett for Christmas :D