Author Topic: Excited to start!  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Gibbtall

• Coach
  • Rookie
Excited to start!
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:52:52 AM »
So I recently attended the Foodhammer event to play X-Wing, and was overjoyed to see people playing Blood Bowl. I'd known the minis were coming out again but I didn't realize there was such a huge community already thriving in vancouver. I gushed over the newly released minis enough for my boyfriend to grab them for my for christmas and I've been painting up an Orc team. I've chatted with a people people to get me on the forum, but I'm not sure how to go about properly joining the league. I believe next games day is next weekend? Do I just show up?

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
Re: Excited to start!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:10:42 AM »
Welcome to the league Gibbtall! 

Next weekend Jan 14th is our league cup day.  It is the final tournament of our season It would be awesome to for you come out and meet the guys.  I'm sure that there will be someone to play a game or 3 with :)

Our next league season begins next month.  I'll get you signed up on our data base before that. There you will create your team and track all of your games thought the next regular season and into the play offs.

I hope to see you on the 14th! S.

Offline Rimmer

• Head Chef - Blubbernaughts
  • Coach
  • Star
  • "Eat and be happy" - Chef of the Blubbernaughts
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:14:47 AM »
So I recently attended the Foodhammer event to play X-Wing, and was overjoyed to see people playing Blood Bowl. I'd known the minis were coming out again but I didn't realize there was such a huge community already thriving in vancouver. I gushed over the newly released minis enough for my boyfriend to grab them for my for christmas and I've been painting up an Orc team. I've chatted with a people people to get me on the forum, but I'm not sure how to go about properly joining the league. I believe next games day is next weekend? Do I just show up?

Welcome to the club!  Nice to see you are excited to play BB!

Steve (Blammaham on the forum) will be better able to answer your questions but I will try to answer a few. Our league finals is next weekend (Jan 14). It is the busiest day of the 6 month league schedule and should have the majority off the club on site. It would be great if you could come by and say hi but I don't think it is mandatory. It may even be possible to set up a friendly game, especially if u come a bit later when some people get knocked out of the playoffs.

I look forward to meeting you sometime soon as well as seeing some of the new orcs being painted! 

John
Thunderbowl Champion (Seasons 4 [Vampire], 7 & 21 [Necro])
Powerbowl Champion (Seasons 1 [Norse], 10 [elf], 16 [Chaos Dwf], 38 [Human])
SPIKE Champion 2009 & 2015 [Chaos Dwf] & 2016 [Underworld]

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:02:53 AM »
Welcome Gibbtall!
The Drunker I get, the more I spill

"Keggie is the guy with the bleach blond hair that gives answers nobody else would think of."
"Jeffro

Offline wedge22

• Star
  • Contact via email or PM
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »
Welcome to the League.

If you can make it out next weekend to Cup Day then you will get to see the full gamut of emotions that Blood Bowl can conjure up, its fun!
Head Coach of Rainbow Warriors C- League
Thunderbowl Champion

Offline Gibbtall

• Coach
  • Rookie
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »
Oh I see, I didn't realize the current season hadn't finished up. I'll definitely try to come by by some friendly games. Thanks for all the welcomes!

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 04:33:48 PM »
Yes, we have a set schedule, and then a Final tournament, play offs, cup day, thingy. The good news is that we have a bunch of changes to the rules, and league format this next season. That means you won't be the only one confused on how the league works. :)
The Drunker I get, the more I spill

"Keggie is the guy with the bleach blond hair that gives answers nobody else would think of."
"Jeffro

Offline Rimmer

• Head Chef - Blubbernaughts
  • Coach
  • Star
  • "Eat and be happy" - Chef of the Blubbernaughts
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 04:51:03 PM »
Welcome to the League.

If you can make it out next weekend to Cup Day then you will get to see the full gamut of emotions that Blood Bowl can conjure up, its fun!

Mainly grown men crying after playing Tony

:(
Thunderbowl Champion (Seasons 4 [Vampire], 7 & 21 [Necro])
Powerbowl Champion (Seasons 1 [Norse], 10 [elf], 16 [Chaos Dwf], 38 [Human])
SPIKE Champion 2009 & 2015 [Chaos Dwf] & 2016 [Underworld]

Offline Bear

• Star
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »
Welcome!
Four Time Underbowl Champion, One time Powerbowl Champion, 3rd an Spike 2018, Rambo award at Spike 2019.

Offline endycarus

• Coach
  • Star
  • Punching Bag of the League
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 04:47:06 AM »
Welcome!
Head coach of the Eataine Excelsiors (A League), Cyanide City Orkettes, Grudge Match, and Null Zone All Blanks

Offline dylanator

• Coach
  • Experienced
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 09:31:50 PM »
Excided to see some new blood
Roll your own phukin dice I don't share!