Author Topic: Announcing Thunderkrunch VI: Deathbowl VS PKU III  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Mr.Bloodweiser

• Star
Re: Announcing Thunderkrunch VI: Deathbowl VS PKU III
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 06:16:14 PM »
ALL WRONG!!! But Im lmfa well played Tylor!!!!  :P
Im just here for the BEER!

Offline Gimli

• TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 06:42:16 AM »
Really looking forward to this tournament - what are the numbers looking like now?

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 07:45:08 AM »
I've been on the phone quite a bit and I think we are going to be at 16 guys. That's going to be 4 tables which is great for a tournament of this format.  I'm going to be sending out an email tonight as a reminder of what to bring for deathbowl. S.

Offline Lord Chaos

• The Best Looking Champion in Thunderbowl History
  • Da' Management
  • Star
  • Suck my Block!
    • TB Comics
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 07:08:42 AM »
I'm most likely not gonna be able to make it. My poker league is same night and its my last chance to secure a seat at the final table in December. Have fun boys.
I would 16 turn foul my mom, so don't be shocked when I do it to you!!!!

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 11:30:11 AM »
I m very excited for this. Ive spent many days acquiring, Modding, painting my team for this event. I cant wait until Saturday.

Steve do you want us to send in Rosters early?
The Drunker I get, the more I spill

"Keggie is the guy with the bleach blond hair that gives answers nobody else would think of."
"Jeffro

Offline poundfist

• Deputy Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 08:03:52 AM »
I don't own a printer.

The club does, but I don't. The club's printer is at the hall.

Everyone should print 5 copies of their rosters and not assume that we will be able to print rosters on the day.

I don't own a printer.

Mike Adams does not own a printer.

There will be no printer there.

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »
Mike is right. There will not be a printer at the venue. Please, as my email stated bring 4 copies of your roster. S.

Offline Khysanth

• Rookie
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »
Not that it matters.. but my last name isn't Buckingham, it's Bennington.. both English, but I ain't no Palace!

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 05:38:47 PM »
Not that it matters.. but my last name isn't Buckingham, it's Bennington.. both English, but I ain't no Palace!

Oh my new phone probably auto corrected to the palace folks name.

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »
Well we had a great event on Saturday!  16 guys made it out to this years Thundercrunch Deathbowl tournament which was great because that meant that every one had different opponents for each game, a nice touch for variety. 

We raised in the neighbourhood of $600 for CanPKU, an association advocating for better health care options for people born with PKU and allied disorders.

From their website: "People with PKU are missing an enzyme to break down protein in food, specifically one amino acid. This amino acid is called phenylalanine, often called PHE (pronounced fee) Since this amino acid cannot be completely processed, it builds up in the blood and excess amounts cross the blood-brain barrier. When excess amounts build up, brain damage and other neurological problems result."

PKU can be fought with early diagnosis and a special low PHE diet, as well as with some supplements, which are undergoing studies and trials. Because PKU affects only 1 person in 12000, it is rare enough that it needs advocacy.

For more information on the work and advocacy of CanPKU, you can visit their website:

http://www.canpku.org/

On to the results of the day:

1st place: Tony Hogan
2nd place: Kavin Kishore
3rd place: Tyler Reeves
Most TDs: Micheal Adams
Most Casualties: Trevor Bennington
Dead Last: David Burroughs
Best (and only) Stunty: Micheal McAree

Deathbowl is a great social variant of blood bowl and I think this year the changes that were made to the rules worked out very well.  I introduced the "Yips" Negatrait to help reign in the past Ag4 dominance of the tournament and while the Elves and the Skaven still did well in the standings this time around , I'd say their path was made a bit more difficult.

A huge thanks to all who came out to this event that holds a special place in my heart!  I means so much to me that you all gave up a rainy November Saturday to come play, scream and commiserate with me for this worthy cause.  Kavin Kishore, helped me bring in the gear and the goodies.  While we live close and it's not too far out of his way, he knows this means showing up early and staying late, and he helps with this with out a single word of complaint! Mike McAree (who got to play this year) did, as he always does, a great job running the day of operations.  This might look really easy because he pulls it off so well, but it isn't and the day wouldn't be anywhere near as smooth and fun with out his huge help in this area.  Once again our gracious host, Micheal Adams, was fantastic with booking and opening up his common room for our use for the day.  We are a pretty loud bunch when we are having fun and it's awesome that time after time Micheal allows us to use that great space, without which there simply wouldn't be a Deathbowl tournament like this!  Lastly, I'd like to say thanks to all who came out to play, again without your support and participation this just wouldn't happen and it is an honour to be able to put on this event for the awesome group of guys that we have in our club!  I would be remiss to not mention David Burroughs and Andy Brandt both of whom traveled from Washington State to play!  So huge thanks to all!

I'm already thinking of next years event and I hope it's as much fun as the past Thunderkrunches have been!

S.

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 06:41:45 PM »
I would like to see a tiered Skill package in the future. It was fun, but by the third game, I was worn out. So much attention has to be put out, it was like a mental marathon.
The Drunker I get, the more I spill

"Keggie is the guy with the bleach blond hair that gives answers nobody else would think of."
"Jeffro