Author Topic: High Elf Spike skill selection help  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Weav

• Fans
  • Experienced
  • 1% of the hobbyists paint 80% of the models
    • Ordo Fanaticus
High Elf Spike skill selection help
« on: June 06, 2013, 08:06:41 PM »
Hello, Northerners. I'm bringing High Elves to Spike this year, and I haven't found a skill combination I like yet. Any help? I'd like leader on my Phoenix Warrior since I only have only purchased one team re-roll. I'm bringing two Dragon Warriors, two Lion Warriors, a Phoenix Warrior and the rest Line Elves. Please advise, TB'ers.
Ordo Fanaticus - the SEAL Team Six of miniature wargaming communities

I don't need to roll a '4' to have a perfect defense

Offline General Jason

• Treasurer
  • Da' Management
  • Star
    • Thunderbowl
Re: High Elf Spike skill selection help
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 02:08:44 AM »
Hello, Northerners. I'm bringing High Elves to Spike this year, and I haven't found a skill combination I like yet. Any help? I'd like leader on my Phoenix Warrior since I only have only purchased one team re-roll. I'm bringing two Dragon Warriors, two Lion Warriors, a Phoenix Warrior and the rest Line Elves. Please advise, TB'ers.

Sorry Jay just reading this now. Leader on the Phoenix is good. With the two Dragons, two Lions, and the rest Lineman, you can go 2 different ways: 1. 2 Dodges for Blodging Dragons, 2 Blocks for the Lions, and Kick for a Lineman. 2. Mix it up for a variety. I'd still go with Kick on a Lineman, but skills that come to mind that are always good to have since you already have Leader and Kick (in no particular order): Frenzy, Tackle, Dauntless, more Block and Dodge or course. Some people still have a Dirty Player, possibly Strip Ball though if I take a Tackle guy I go with that instead. Leap can always open things up.

Just brainstorming, but High Elves are fun at that level. Pro Elves in tournament TV are better imho despite the AV7 because they're cheaper overall and start with more skills. But with you I know it's about the models as well.  ;) Looking forward to seeing them.

2 cents.
Do not feed Trolls - they regenerate on a 4+.

Offline Weav

• Fans
  • Experienced
  • 1% of the hobbyists paint 80% of the models
    • Ordo Fanaticus
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 06:46:09 PM »
Thanks Craig. I'm tempted to do kick on a line elf, leader on a PW, Dodge on the DW's and leap on the LW's. Leap can be a liability with only two team re-rolls, though. I think I'll try a game with your build and another with the one I just listed to see which feels better.
Ordo Fanaticus - the SEAL Team Six of miniature wargaming communities

I don't need to roll a '4' to have a perfect defense

Offline General Jason

• Treasurer
  • Da' Management
  • Star
    • Thunderbowl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:47:34 PM »
Yeah Leap CAN eat up too many re-rolls. I like trying to get Leader and Kick or any Elf team I play. The former for the cheap re-roll of course, and the latter for making my opponent set up a certain way. It also gives me a much better chance on Blitz attempts - this would not ring true with every team but Elves it helps.

Frenzy I like because it forces your opponent to leave the sidelines open all game on set-ups, or at the very least need to adjust it and be aware of it. Having one Tackle guy I believe is never going to hurt either.

Keep me posted on your games!
Craig.
Do not feed Trolls - they regenerate on a 4+.