Author Topic: Bloodbowl in the lower mainland (outside of Vancouver)  (Read 2869 times)

Offline gollumullog (Phlegraean Marauders)

• Star
  • contact via email or cell
Bloodbowl in the lower mainland (outside of Vancouver)
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:25:50 AM »
I had someone (Trevor: Khysanth) send me a message on the VGG forums about bloodbowl leagues outside of Vancouver proper.

I know U2KR was running a league (is it still going?)

If anyone has any information I can pass along, let me know.

He also said he tried to register, but never heard anything (not sure time frame).
--
Coach of the Firebowl XXX Champions Death Runs Faster

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
Re: Bloodbowl in the lower mainland (outside of Vancouver)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »
I spoke to him via emails. I am considering something like this as Burnaby is much to far for me to comfortably Travel. With Magic Stronghold on outs, I don't want to drive downtown monthly. I don't think I will be back for next season. I may start to teach people out this way, and then attempt a league out here in the near future. Maybe Ill just stick to Fumbbl. The only thing I do know is I cant play out there. 3hrs on the road top play BB is ludicrous. I have Kids, work and other things more important in the way.
The Drunker I get, the more I spill

"Keggie is the guy with the bleach blond hair that gives answers nobody else would think of."
"Jeffro

Offline Majyk (Wholly HighstepperZ / Drunk Hellmoots)

• The Fan-guy
  • Star
  • Talk is cheap: Action is sa'safaction!
    • WOBBL
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »
Yeah Keggie, I hear you, sir.

You're a good coach and it will be a shame to lose you from the League, but keep at coming out for Tournies 'round the West Coast as Cammy and I are always out for a road trip for those(RCR, Spike! etc.).

Offline Bear

• Star
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 01:17:59 PM »
Ditto, man.  :(

Shame to lose a good player, but I get the travel thing.
Four Time Underbowl Champion, One time Powerbowl Champion, 3rd an Spike 2018, Rambo award at Spike 2019.

Offline gollumullog (Phlegraean Marauders)

• Star
  • contact via email or cell
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »
You should start a league and then we should do an interconference cup.
--
Coach of the Firebowl XXX Champions Death Runs Faster

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 08:52:19 PM »
You should start a league and then we should do an interconference cup.

Funny, this was my intent.

"Keggie is the guy with the bleach blond hair that gives answers nobody else would think of."
"Jeffro

Offline General Jason

• Treasurer
  • Da' Management
  • Star
    • Thunderbowl
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 01:59:34 AM »
With Magic Stronghold on outs, I don't want to drive downtown monthly.

We have no intention of playing downtown monthly.
Do not feed Trolls - they regenerate on a 4+.

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
I was debating on an idea I want to submit for TB. I know it wont exactly fly, because of logistics of the league, but I wanted to attempt it to keep playing and expanding the league. I am backing off this suggestion before it starts, because it isn't plausible at this time. But I want to put it out there for future thoughts on the Thunderbowl league.

Basically I would like to see Thuderbowl split into 2 conferences. East and West.  A Surrey/ Langley Side and a Burnaby/ Vancouver Side. Here are the realistic problems right now. Finding a venue that supports all coaches at one time. Having a venue central for all coaches to attend. When finding a venue that meet those 2 criteria, keeping coaches around to sustain that venues cost.

What would splitting up the league accomplish?
Just to be clear, I'm not exactly pushes for a total split. What I would like to see is to have 2 games days (4 games) mixed together to keep everyone social and familiar with each other. If we have 6 games separate, you create bigger rivalries within a conference. With the 2 games days that are mixed, each side can host one of those days. So in essence you would play 4 games days locally. 1 Travel day. This way people wont be deterred from travelling to a place that perhaps they feel is out of their way. The venues apart from the mixes do not have to hold as many members as they do now. Apart from the 2 mixed days, and a cup day.

This is just a starting basis conversation to perhaps in the future get the ball moving. Right now, I can not commit to playing another season. As much as I love playing with you guys, it is to much to handle. I do enjoy you playing with you guys, but this is to much for me to do at this moment. Kid commitments and work commitments are superceding the league and the travel for me. Maybe in a couple season you guys can figure my proposal out. I know its too much to ask for right now, but its a good idea. Especially when you guys are talking about a Super League sharing stats. I think this would be a step in the direction you need to go to make this dream of yours happen.

By the way, you wouldn't play in the conference because of where you live geographically, but to where you want to play. Some Surrey guys may want to venture out to Vancouver because their buddies are there. Its all an option.

"Jeffro

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 05:52:40 AM »
Honestly Keller, a format change like this isn't too bad of idea (maybe a one off season rather than a permanent change as we aren't a spectator sport), however you are sabotaging your own suggestion by adding restrictions that add nothing.

If you want conferences, that is just issue for the match making of the coaches. There is no need for separate venues, and just adds a condition that will never be acceptable.
Killing your mans dwarfs.

Offline Mr.Bloodweiser

• Star
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 07:02:26 AM »
Yeah Keggie, I hear you, sir.

You're a good coach and it will be a shame to lose you from the League, but keep at coming out for Tournies 'round the West Coast as Cammy and I are always out for a road trip for those(RCR, Spike! etc.).

Hells yeah any excuse for a road trip!!
Im just here for the BEER!

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 08:07:31 PM »
I have found a bunch of people out here ( Chilliwack)
interested in blood bowl. I did a demo last Saturday. Would anyone be willing to do a demo with me? it would have to be after 5pm on a Saturday. Probably not this next one.

"Jeffro

Offline Acheron

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »
I could be convinced to do a demo out that way but  the earliest I have a possible slot is on like the 2nd of nov.

Edited because I can't read a calendar. Its okay though I play undead.

Offline Bear

• Star
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 11:03:56 PM »
Hey Dumbass... you're going to be in Spokane that weekend.
Four Time Underbowl Champion, One time Powerbowl Champion, 3rd an Spike 2018, Rambo award at Spike 2019.

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 07:09:56 AM »
Bear beat me to it. You can demo it with me using video conferencing.

"Jeffro

Offline Acheron

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 05:58:19 PM »
Nobody claimed the math genius knew how to read a calendar;)