Author Topic: Suggestions for Exhibition Venues.  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
Suggestions for Exhibition Venues.
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:34:54 PM »
I thought this could be a good place to put up places for our exhibition series to visit.  If you want to discuss a certain venue's pros and cons, please make a new thread to do that, this way we could keep this nice and clean. Let's restrict this to Venue suggestions only please. S. (could we make this a sticky?)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:35:03 PM by Blammaham »

Offline Vampire Logan

• Veteran
  • cell:778-554-7575
Re: Suggestions for Exhibition Venues.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:11:59 PM »
  • Storm Crow pub, last time I was there the music was too loud but i'm sure we could ask them to turn it down a bit and it looked like they probably have enough tables if it is scheduled for a time when they are less busy. Possible downside/upside, everyone would probably have to order something so it could be expensive but we could probably do away with the $5 signup.
  • Connections on Renfrew, kinda small but close to AI so we could get a bunch of my students in there. A lot of the game design/programming and art students have never played a serious miniature/board game and it would be good additional learning experience/knowledge for them.

VL

Offline Lord Chaos

• The Best Looking Champion in Thunderbowl History
  • Da' Management
  • Star
  • Suck my Block!
    • TB Comics
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:12:18 PM »
Lee's house.
I would 16 turn foul my mom, so don't be shocked when I do it to you!!!!

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »
Stratagies! S.

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 02:48:44 PM »
Game Stars was a great venue. Lots of room, and they treated us well. Its in Langley, but was totally accessible by Transit. By Toy Traders, and Princess Auto. 10 minute walk from the Mall.
The Drunker I get, the more I spill

"Keggie is the guy with the bleach blond hair that gives answers nobody else would think of."
"Jeffro

Offline General Jason

• Treasurer
  • Da' Management
  • Star
    • Thunderbowl
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
Yeah but I'd like try to hit other stores first before we go back to one we've already been to. No reason not to go back to Game Stars as this was a great venue for table top gamers, but imho we should do all the stores we think are relevant for our club for recruiting first before doubling back. 2 cents.

Anyway, moot right now as recruitment is over at the moment. We won't be doing another Exhibition Series until around May when it becomes relevant again.
Do not feed Trolls - they regenerate on a 4+.

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »
All goo points Craig, but I think there's some value in getting a list of good places ready to go for when it is closer to the end of the season. S.

Offline trentusdementus

• Star
  • Coach of the Psychobots
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 07:06:17 PM »
The only problem with Strategies is that it is quite small. They only have enough room for three or four games and when there are three games going, the place seems packed due to the small shop size.

Otherwise, it is a great location for Vancouver. With our new venue being where it is we may just get more coaches that would not have  normally joined due to the location of the CPI.
2015 Golden Tentacle Champion

Offline Warpstone

• TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 10:17:40 PM »
Picked up some stuff at Imperial today and Chris was fine with the idea of us demoing and playing there. He said Saturdays are probably easiest.

I think we need to play here at least once due to Imperial's reach.

Also, Trumpeter's Salute is in April. That's 3 possible nights with a venue that can be tapped for Blood Bowl...
Ratchester UnitedBeastialityPassholes  ↫ Olde Worlde Wrappers ↫ Leaps of Faith

Offline Harbinger

• Star
  • Back on the pain train.
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 05:59:22 AM »
The only problem with Strategies is that it is quite small. They only have enough room for three or four games and when there are three games going, the place seems packed due to the small shop size.

He's got 3 4x6 tables if we organize it properly we can get 6 games in. One of the tables he uses to display new boardgames so he can show people how to play. I'm sure he could be convinced to clear it.