Author Topic: ThunderKrunch! Team Challenge 2012 Discussion / Team Finder  (Read 21722 times)

Offline gollumullog (Phlegraean Marauders)

• Star
  • contact via email or cell
Re: ThunderKrunch! Team Challenge 2012 Discussion / Team Finder
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2012, 11:33:37 AM »
using Fummbl as a reference is not the best course of action :)
--
Coach of the Firebowl XXX Champions Death Runs Faster

Offline trentusdementus

• Star
  • Coach of the Psychobots
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »
Can Nurgle infect "killed" opponents? S.

Either way, I'm of the mind that you would not get that extra player for any of the following matches of the tournament so why not make the effects immediate. I wouldn't mind at all if it did. It's not like it'll unbalance the game.

2015 Golden Tentacle Champion

Offline poundfist

• Deputy Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »
No. Jason is right. Nurgle teams cannot gain players by killing them. Undead and Necro teams, however, can.

Offline Gimli

• TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »
Interesting. I think fumbbl adds the player to your team immediately. I will confirm this later tonight.

I don't know about fumbbl, but I know the Cyanide game adds immediately to Undead teams.

Learned that the hard way when I had three (3) Sauruses die (including one Death - APO Death) in a single game at the hands of an Undead team.  I was taking a lot of his players off but his team didn't seem to be getting any smaller :confused:.  Couldn't figure it out till he told me he got a zombie every time he killed one of my players  :mad:.  He could foul with abandon with the free zombies. 

Offline kozmo

• Fans
  • Rookie
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
What kind of venue are we in?  Is it like a normal hotel tourney where you can bring in outside food and drink or is it like the Rat City Rumble @ AFK where you cannot even have candy or a 9am 40oz (1.18l - doesn't have the same ring) of malt liquor?

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2012, 11:04:59 AM »
What kind of venue are we in?  Is it like a normal hotel tourney where you can bring in outside food and drink or is it like the Rat City Rumble @ AFK where you cannot even have candy or a 9am 40oz (1.18l - doesn't have the same ring) of malt liquor?

It is a common room in a club member's Condo building, so much more like a hotel than a restaurant! S.

« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »

As I understand it, someone is running a BBQ on the patio in a effort to keep the schedule on track. The venue is also right downtown, so there is dozens of eateries within a few blocks.
Killing your mans dwarfs.

Offline General Jason

• Treasurer
  • Da' Management
  • Star
    • Thunderbowl
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »
BBQ and beverages of all kinds going all day. This does not preclude bringing in stuff of your own. We could care less if you bring a coffee in or bring in your snacks, but like Shawn said the intention of the concession on site is to keep the day moving with no need for extended lunch periods away from the venue.
Do not feed Trolls - they regenerate on a 4+.

Offline Administrator

• Wizard
  • Rookie
« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »

Yeah, that was my only complaint about RCR: I wasn't allowed any candy either (and they still didn't have any Junior Mints substitutes damnit!). :P

Nathan, the grill should be pretty good if prior form serves. I was at TK1 and the burgers were really good, cheap and quick.

BTW, are the RCR guys sticking around at night or driving back right away?

Offline keggiemckill

• Consigliere
  • TBRC
  • Star
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »

Nathan, the grill should be pretty good if prior form serves. I was at TK1 and the burgers were really good, cheap and quick

Mmmm Pity burgers..... I'm already 10 times more sorry than before about missing this tourney. I'll be constantly checking for updates. Keep me posted. Good luck to everyone (except for those U2KR punks)
The Drunker I get, the more I spill

"Keggie is the guy with the bleach blond hair that gives answers nobody else would think of."
"Jeffro

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2012, 01:28:56 PM »

Nathan, the grill should be pretty good if prior form serves. I was at TK1 and the burgers were really good, cheap and quick

Mmmm Pity burgers..... I'm already 10 times more sorry than before about missing this tourney. I'll be constantly checking for updates. Keep me posted. Good luck to everyone (except for those U2KR punks)

I think Thor has the TM on "Pity" burgers! S.

Offline kozmo

• Fans
  • Rookie
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2012, 02:16:08 PM »
Yeah, that was my only complaint about RCR: I wasn't allowed any candy either (and they still didn't have any Junior Mints substitutes damnit!). :P

Nathan, the grill should be pretty good if prior form serves. I was at TK1 and the burgers were really good, cheap and quick.

BTW, are the RCR guys sticking around at night or driving back right away?

I'm not sure about Andy's team but the Rat City Rejects (team #2) will be heading home as soon as we collect our wooden spoons.

Offline trentusdementus

• Star
  • Coach of the Psychobots
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
Well that would be teh awesumm. But as it looks now, U2KR will sit out, possibly fill in ringer slots, and make sure the beers and BBQ are flowing. We want an even number of teams after all. 8 would be great, but it looks like we'll settle for 6.

Last minute change of plans. I will not be attending, sorry. Lee and Simon have been notified.
2015 Golden Tentacle Champion

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »
Well that would be teh awesumm. But as it looks now, U2KR will sit out, possibly fill in ringer slots, and make sure the beers and BBQ are flowing. We want an even number of teams after all. 8 would be great, but it looks like we'll settle for 6.

Last minute change of plans. I will not be attending, sorry. Lee and Simon have been notified.

Sucks to hear that Trent! S.

Offline Majyk (Wholly HighstepperZ / Drunk Hellmoots)

• The Fan-guy
  • Star
  • Talk is cheap: Action is sa'safaction!
    • WOBBL
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »
Damn, Trent - hope it's a good reason to disband the team, bro!  :(