Author Topic: Thunderkrunch! II Blood Bowl Tournament  (Read 26082 times)

Offline wedge22

• Star
  • Contact via email or PM
Re: Thunderkrunch! II Blood Bowl Tournament
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »
Can you email it to me too Andy, I tried using the Rat City roster but the Bribes were locked at 100k and I am playing Goblins.
Thanks
Thunderbowl Champion

Offline Khail

• Thunderbowl XXV Champion
  • Star
  • Team: Dread
    • Rat City Rumble Blood Bowl League
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 07:42:25 PM »
Solid catch Kristian - I just unlocked the Bribes & Chef cells and sent it your way.
Commissioner
Rat City Blood Bowl League
Seattle, WA

Offline Majyk (Wholly HighstepperZ / Drunk Hellmoots)

• The Fan-guy
  • Star
  • Talk is cheap: Action is sa'safaction!
    • WOBBL
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 08:33:09 PM »
Good luck to all who attend!
Win it for TB!

Offline poundfist

• Deputy Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 10:00:51 PM »
I will bring an Orc team to be ringer if there's an odd number, but I think I'd prefer to give the bye team a 1-0 Win. Hopefully we have an even number because sitting out a round is no fun, and playing a game when you're trying to organize an event can be a drag as well. I will decide on the day.

Offline Akalabeth

• Emerging Star
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 01:18:15 PM »
Ooops. I slept in.
Have fun guys

Offline Blammaham

• Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 10:26:11 PM »
Thanks for the great time guys!  Wicked Awesome Tournie!  :D   Also wanted to thanks all the guys I played today, gentlemen and sportsmen all! S.

Offline Administrator

• Wizard
  • Rookie
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 05:45:44 AM »
Results? Who played the final?

Offline poundfist

• Deputy Commissioner
  • Da' Management
  • Star
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 07:36:08 AM »
WE did a total points system, like Spike!, so there was no "Final" table. But the top three coaches were Murray, Andy, and Joshua Gaines. Murray had 83 Coaching Points, Andy 84, and Joshua 85. So the top three were tight. After that it was Ed Law and Craig, tied with 74.

Trophies went to:

Sportsmanship: There was a multi-player tie, so we gave it to the guy with the highest sports score AND coach score. We figured it should go to a guy who was able to win games with grace.
3. Dan Armstrong
2. Andy Brandt
1. Ed Law

Painting: We had independent judging, with the top three put up for player voting. We arbitrarily disqualified teams not painted by their owners.
3. Garrett Mercier (wicked Confrontation Nurgle)
2. Andy Brandt (Dark Elves)
1. Steve Lemky (Undead)

Coaching:
3. Murray Campbell
2. Andy Brandt
1. Joshua Gaines

Overall: Andy beat Murray by 1 point!
3. Joshua Gaines (109 points)
2. Murray Campbell (116 points)
1. Andy Brandt (117 points)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 09:37:23 AM by NitNit »

Offline Khail

• Thunderbowl XXV Champion
  • Star
  • Team: Dread
    • Rat City Rumble Blood Bowl League
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »
Awesome time indeed!  (Mike, I think you've got a typo in best overall - I should have 117 pts instead of 109 I think).

My loadout:
5 Line Elfs (one with Kick)
1 Runner (Leader)
2 Witches (1 Block, 1 Wrestle)
4 Blitzers (2 with Dodge)
2 Rerolls (+ the Leader)
Apothecary

I had a blast - all of my opponents were very enjoyable.  Quick game write ups:

Game 1 vs. Dan Armstrong (Rat City Dwarf Player, awesome guy): Dan had a deathroller on his roster and I got a lucky Cas early against him, so as soon as I scored the DR was coming on to the pitch.  I stalled out the game in the first half making him chase the ball back and forth across the field in hopes of only having to face the DR for a couple turns and then it would be sent off.  Mistake. :P  He caught up with me on turn 7 and I wasn't able to score, meaning he had the Deathroller for the 2nd half and we were tied 0-0 with me kicking to him.  2nd half I took the ball away and scored early, getting rid of the DR.  It did nothing for the 3 turns it was on the pitch (another :P).  If I remember correctly late in the 2nd half the ball got knocked into the crowd and was kicked in to the waiting arms of a Longbeard on the other side of the field from all of the action.  I was able to get close to him with a Witch, a Blitzer, and a Lineman but Dan KO'd two of them shortly thereafter and went for it to get the ball in on turn 16, tieing the game 1-1.  Was a great match.

Game 2 vs. Kristian Hargreaves (playing Goblins): Kristian had a decent first half and was having a good time despite me scoring a couple TDs - the second half his dice turned sour and the goblins couldn't seem to do anything.  All of my crap dice were on armor rolls.  I hit more goblins than I can count and rolled above a 7 three times the entire match.  Very lopsided game but Goblins do that - Kristian kept his chin up despite losing 5-0.

Game 3 vs. Craig McAree (playing Dwarfs).  Craig and I had an epic match.  I scored early and prepared for the grind.  He KO'd 5 players in the remainder of the first half, and I couldn't quite stop him from scoring.  2nd half I got 2 of the 5 KO's back and kicked to him.  Ball landed perfectly in one of the near corners of the pitch, which was going to make things difficult for the dwarves.  Craig recovered nicely, managing to get a Blitzer on it and GFI to get him protected behind a Longbeard.  I responded by dodging a Witch Elf into 2 TZs to hit him 1 die then 2 die uphill to push him into the crowd (shenanigans!).  The ball got kicked in 11 squares towards Craig and then bounced perfectly into his endzone.  I had 2 players (Witch & Blitzer) in his backfield and he had just one Runner that could get to the ball with 2 GFIs.  I thought I had this easy, but Craig made things extremely difficult for me - managing to box in my Witch and knock down my Blodging Blitzer with a rerolled hit from a Troll Slayer.  The ball never made it back over the half way mark but it changed possession about 12 times in the rest of the half.  I managed to get it to the goal line once more at the end of the half, but rolled a 1 on the GFI instead of scoring.  Awesome game!

Game 4 vs. Garrett Mercier (Rat City guy, playing Nurgle).  Garrett had rough luck all game.  I scored early in the first half, and managed to get him down on players (he only had 11).  In the 2nd half I KO'd the beast and kept his one Tackle Pestigor stunned most of the time.  Lack of rerolls hit him hard and he just couldn't get anything going.  I managed to get the ball away twice, ending the game 3-0.

Rat City had 6 people show up, about half of the tourney.  Not bad!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:34:43 AM by Khail »
Commissioner
Rat City Blood Bowl League
Seattle, WA